Tuesday, February 11, 2014

American Hustle

Day 2 started out with a sprint, literally. We woke up a bit late, our alarm clock phone was still on Frankfurt time. It actually wasn't that bad as we still had time to eat a quick breakfast and then go catch our B6 bus to the Olympic Park. 

As we turned in to Big Lenina St. we saw our bus arriving at the stop but we were still a few hundred yards away. Time for a dash. Wind tore at our faces. Feral dogs nipped at our heals. Lightning crashed all around us. I dropped my Zone bar 20 yards from the bus. We jumped on the bus just as the doors closed and the bus screeched away. Phew!  We made it. 

Ok, so maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration. We did have to run to catch the bus though and I did drop my Zone bar (I did go back and get it). It was another quick and quiet bus ride. Now we just had to power walk across the park to the ice cube. 

We made it, though we're going to start our journeys earlier so we don't have to walk as briskly past all the venues. In case you're wondering, it's not at all cold here, even for non thermally advantaged people unlike myself. I really could have worn shorts. Oh well. 

So here we are this morning 


Cheering on Team Brown. 


Go girls go!  Do it for 'Merica!

USA! USA!






No comments:

Post a Comment